|Shri Kesang Chhombey
|District Horticulture Officer
The Department of Horticulture was bifurcated from the Department of Agriculture during 1992 and at the district level, The Department is headed by District Horticulture officer as the Head of the Office and is assigned to look after the Horticulture activities in the district.He is Assisted by HDOs and Other field Staffs at the Circle level.
The Present Deployments of the field Officers/Officials Under DHO, Tawang in the District is Appended hereunder:
|Place of Posting
|Shri K. Gyatso
|Shri R.K Singh
|Shri N.S Yadav
|Shri L.P Singh
|Shri A.K Rai
|Shri P. Khandu
|Smti D. lamu
|Shri C.S Yadav
|Smti T. Drema
|Shri S. Sujit
|Shri K.N Prasad
|Miss K.C Khum
Objective of the Department:
- To Improve Economic Status of Rural Population through horticultural activities.
- To Provide assistance in terms of inputs and extension service to the farmers.
- To encourage people for self employment through Horticultural activities.
- To Increase Horticulture product to help increase consumption of fruits and vegetables amongst the rural population.
- To conserve environment through plantation of fruit trees.
- Area Expansion under fruit cultivation.
- Encourage farmers to take up horticultural activities as alternative source of income.
Functions/Activities of the Department:
The Department of Horticulture is associated mainly in providing assistant to the rural populace, generally the farmers for establishment of fruit orchards through Area Expansion Programme/floriculture, rejuvenation of old and senile plantation, management of established orchards through training and pruning, providing of manures, fertilizers and plant protection chemicals, providing of training to acquaint farmers with the latest cultivation practices of horticultural fruit crops, encouragement of horticulture activities for self employment, cultivation of vegetables and flowers under protected cultivation (Green House), encourage farmers to go for organic farming by discarding use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides etc.This services are provided to the beneficiary farmers as per sanction and allocation received from concern authority i.e under CSS and state Govt. from time to time.
Registration of farmers under the HORNET portal has been made mandatory from the year 2017-18 for availing the benefits of horticultural schemes and the Schemes will be implemented on direct benefit transfer (DBT) Mode.The Guidelines for implementation of DBT and HORNET are given here.