|Shri Sagar Singh Kalsi, IPS||Superintendent of Police||03794-222231||03794-222216||sptawang[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
The Police administration of this district is headed by Superintendent of Police and is assisted a Dy. SP, Inspectors and Sub Inspectors. The district is also provided with one Company of AAPBn and two Platoon of IRBn to deal with any law & order and other static guard duties.
In the Tawang District, there are Three Police Stations and one Check Gates. These are the following six Police stations:
The Check Gates is at: Jang.
The main Aims and Objectives of the District Police are as follows:-
- To maintain law and order in the District.
- To prevent crime and to make necessary police measures for control of crime.
- To detect crime and to investigate the cases for final verdict of the honorable courts.
- To take preventive police measures in the different towns and villages in the District especially during the festival occasions.
- To make foolproof police arrangements during the visits of His Excellency the Governor and HCM of the State in the District.
- To provide security to all visiting Protected Persons in the District or while transiting through it.
Special Branch :-
To cater the information related to any unlawful activities, Security, Communal/religious, political, students organization and movements of VVIP/UG elements in the district.
Fire Service Stations :-
we are also having a fire service station equipped with the modern fire fighting equipment’s.
Police Telecommunication :-
The department of Telecommunication (BSNL) network is grossly inadequate and telephone facilities are available only at few places. The BSNL network for interior areas of the district is not reliable and hence Police Wireless is the only channel of Communication for law and order as well as for Government and state undertaking departments administrations.
Contact Numbers :-
Superintendent of Police – 03794-222231 (O) 03794-222216 (R) 9436051026 (M)
Dy.Superintendent of Police – 9402795986 (M)
OC PS Tawang– 9436252153 (M)
OC PS Lumla – 8974881419 (M)
OC PS Jang – 8974907392 (M)
The citizens are requested to contact the SP Tawang, in case of inaction or complaint against the local Police.
Our motto is, with you, for you and always.